Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why

Does every A/C contractor I invite into my home have to make loud, troublesome grunts and groans? They say insensitive things like, "Ooooh, you've really got a problem here." Or, "Oh, they did this all wrong." They shake their heads. They look at me with pity. And I do look pitiful. This last one made me tear up a little bit. Because it was supposed to cost $200-$300 to hook up my condenser unit. Instead it's going to cost me half a car, seriously, to replace everything. Because apparently it's bad. It's all very bad. I'm going to drink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh noes!

xoxo

FRITZ said...

Shade trees, window fans, ceiling fans, reflective coating added to roof, energy-efficient windows=greener, probably more expensive ways to get around air conditioning.

who the hell am i kidding? there's no way to get through summer in atlanta without the AC